Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I had new Monroe shocks installed on my 2010 Ford Ranger originally at the Greece,NY Midas store in Nov.2012.

I do put a lot of miles on my truck but maintain it to a fault as I depend on a reliable vehicle.At about 120K miles this Sept I noticed my ride was getting a bit choppy and with the Monroe Warranty I returned to the store to have the shocks checked out. The manager said yes the shocks were shot,anything else looked great under the truck and they would replace the shocks for $196.00. I pointed out to him that I believed that price was way to high as the original labor cost in 2012 was $10.00 each. Well he said labor cost has gone up!!!

I replied Yeh I guess from 40Bucks all the way to 196!! He then said he could do the replacement for $140 plus tax to which I replied just put the *** shocks on. I complained to Monroe and received a call from the manager saying that the labor was on the money and that he wouldn't lower it at all but if I wanted a new set of tires he would be willing to work with me. Yeh right ,fat chance of that happening ever!!

I now see that Monroe has shocks for my truck for under $25 to me out the door.So I'mm thinking I wasn't covered under any so-called warranty at all but just re-purchased new shocks all over again My State Attorney General will be looking into this practice I can assure

Review about: Midas Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Disgusting business practice.

Not Resolved yet and I really don't expect them to do anything. Just plain *** poor management and do not care a thing about customer relations.

So I'll just keep on sending the word out on them and hope they lose a bunch of otherwuse customers