It was a simple brake pad grind.$1,300 later I pick up my truck to drive home.
1/2 hour later I notice
smoke billowing out from the rear end. I pull to the side and both sides of the back brakes are burning hot with smoke streaming off of them. The tires were too hot to touch. It took a 1/2 hour for them to stop smoking.
I couldn't move the truck as the back had seized up. After I had it towed back to them, the manager tried to down play the situation by saying it was steam coming off the back and it had simply been overly tightened. And that there was no way that it would have caught on fire. And that tires can handle a lot of heat.
It was truly unbelievable. The back rims are black with soot. And fires like this can happen very easily. He says he fixed the problem but now I have to pay to have another mechanic check it out.
No compensation, he did offer a couple of free oil changes.
They are excellent scam artists, all smiles and no scruples.Watch out for York Fung.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "I hired another contractor to fix my tenant's air conditioner out in Azusa, California and when he fixed it, he did Not Fix It Properly and caused additional damage in..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "I sent 2 separate shipments with LBC - pick up dates were Sept 12th and Sept 26th. Both were promptly picked up at the appointed time. Things started..."
- "If you are a loyal Canadian customer GoDaddy charges you TWICE what they charge a new Canadian customer. If you are American they charge you the same either way. To..."
- "Bloomex royally screwed up on Mother's Day. Not providing what I ordered for my Grandma, delivered to the wrong address and not delivering to my Stepmother at all. We (my..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."