Midas - Vancouver-almost caused a fire-4th and Arbutus

183 of 306 Midas reviews

It was a simple brake pad grind.$1,300 later I pick up my truck to drive home.

1/2 hour later I notice

smoke billowing out from the rear end. I pull to the side and both sides of the back brakes are burning hot with smoke streaming off of them. The tires were too hot to touch. It took a 1/2 hour for them to stop smoking.

I couldn't move the truck as the back had seized up. After I had it towed back to them, the manager tried to down play the situation by saying it was steam coming off the back and it had simply been overly tightened. And that there was no way that it would have caught on fire. And that tires can handle a lot of heat.

It was truly unbelievable. The back rims are black with soot. And fires like this can happen very easily. He says he fixed the problem but now I have to pay to have another mechanic check it out.

No compensation, he did offer a couple of free oil changes.

They are excellent scam artists, all smiles and no scruples.Watch out for York Fung.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
183 of 306 Midas reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
peter james

Apr 14, 2014 #805044

Wow, I have never heard of something like this happening before. What exactly did the people do to make it happen? Is there a way I can avoid this?
Peter J. |

0 0 Reply
Charlie McPoyle

Feb 05, 2014 #782484

This is sad that some employees from some companies try to take advantage of customers. This happened to an old lady from my church. She went to get her brakes changes and no work was done but she paid for the service. http://www.pdrauto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=20

0 0 Reply
mansonjak

Jan 13, 2014 #772820

When you are in need of a place that does auto repairs and you are wanting your car to be working and running like brand new, I know of a great place to go. The site is called http://www.certifiedauto.info and if anyone can help you out it is them. Check them out and see what they can do for you.

0 1 Reply
Zoe

Dec 27, 2013 #764514

I have had a lot of friends who have had trouble there. I didn't want to chance it. I have been going to http://www.bigmechanic.com and have enjoyed all the services they have provided. Give them a try.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.