It was a simple brake pad grind.$1,300 later I pick up my truck to drive home.
1/2 hour later I notice
smoke billowing out from the rear end. I pull to the side and both sides of the back brakes are burning hot with smoke streaming off of them. The tires were too hot to touch. It took a 1/2 hour for them to stop smoking.
I couldn't move the truck as the back had seized up. After I had it towed back to them, the manager tried to down play the situation by saying it was steam coming off the back and it had simply been overly tightened. And that there was no way that it would have caught on fire. And that tires can handle a lot of heat.
It was truly unbelievable. The back rims are black with soot. And fires like this can happen very easily. He says he fixed the problem but now I have to pay to have another mechanic check it out.
No compensation, he did offer a couple of free oil changes.
They are excellent scam artists, all smiles and no scruples.Watch out for York Fung.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "Having known the people at Midas Svc. Center in Tupelo, MS., for a long time, I purchased my second set of Bridgestone Insignia SE 200's in December 2010. Recently, with..."
- "I hired another contractor to fix my tenant's air conditioner out in Azusa, California and when he fixed it, he did Not Fix It Properly and caused additional damage in..."
- "If you are a loyal Canadian customer GoDaddy charges you TWICE what they charge a new Canadian customer. If you are American they charge you the same either way. To..."
- "I have been waiting for my order since December 30, 2015. What's going on? The payment was taken out and I'm beyond patient! ..."
- "AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS, YOU WILL BE SORRY !!! This company is just a front for other companies. You order your product from their pretty website thinking they..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."