Midas Car Repair Review from Detroit, Michigan

9 of 306 Midas reviews

Before I brought my vehicle to the shop I was experiencing Idle issues , minor car shut offs when coming to a stop, & hard starting following the shut offs.The Midas Shop on Hanover Ave in Allentown PA gave me a fault code list of 11 codes but they recommended 5 codes and said that they more than likely are the cause of the problems.

I told them I wanted the idle issue solved and didn't want the car to keep shutting off on me. I left the car with them 3 weeks and when it was returned to me it came back worse than before. When I got home which is only 2-3 miles away I had a half of a gallon of coolant spilled over the engine & my fire wall because one of the Technicians left the reservoir cap off, I can't make it 15 miles down the road without the idle jumping hard or the car shuttering. Atleast twice a day since I've gotten the vehicle back it shuts off while driving and when in park.

The only way the vehicle stays on is if the EPC cuts on & makes the RPM go higher than it should. I paid the shop $1,748 to fix these issues. Instead they returned it to me in horrible condition. This is very poor service.

I need a response on this issue as soon as possible.I did not receive what I paid for.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #931078

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Midas? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
9 of 306 Midas reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 11 #1225429 Honolulu, Hawaii, United States

Maybe a problem with the MAS detector or throttle body. I had similar problems 2003 S-type Jag. It was the throttle body, specifically the throttle position sensor. Found one on line, swapped it out. All back to normal.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.