Detroit, Michigan

Before I brought my vehicle to the shop I was experiencing Idle issues , minor car shut offs when coming to a stop, & hard starting following the shut offs.The Midas Shop on Hanover Ave in Allentown PA gave me a fault code list of 11 codes but they recommended 5 codes and said that they more than likely are the cause of the problems.

Related: Midas - WARNING BRAKE JOB DONE WRONG COULD HAVE CAUSED DEATH

I told them I wanted the idle issue solved and didn't want the car to keep shutting off on me. I left the car with them 3 weeks and when it was returned to me it came back worse than before. When I got home which is only 2-3 miles away I had a half of a gallon of coolant spilled over the engine & my fire wall because one of the Technicians left the reservoir cap off, I can't make it 15 miles down the road without the idle jumping hard or the car shuttering. Atleast twice a day since I've gotten the vehicle back it shuts off while driving and when in park.

The only way the vehicle stays on is if the EPC cuts on & makes the RPM go higher than it should. I paid the shop $1,748 to fix these issues. Instead they returned it to me in horrible condition. This is very poor service.

I need a response on this issue as soon as possible.I did not receive what I paid for.

1.5
Turnaround Time
Service Scheduling
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Midas Car Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Midas?

Comments

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #1225429

Maybe a problem with the MAS detector or throttle body.I had similar problems 2003 S-type Jag.

It was the throttle body, specifically the throttle position sensor.

Found one on line, swapped it out.All back to normal.