1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Before I brought my vehicle to the shop I was experiencing Idle issues , minor car shut offs when coming to a stop, & hard starting following the shut offs.The Midas Shop on Hanover Ave in Allentown PA gave me a fault code list of 11 codes but they recommended 5 codes and said that they more than likely are the cause of the problems.

I told them I wanted the idle issue solved and didn't want the car to keep shutting off on me. I left the car with them 3 weeks and when it was returned to me it came back worse than before. When I got home which is only 2-3 miles away I had a half of a gallon of coolant spilled over the engine & my fire wall because one of the Technicians left the reservoir cap off, I can't make it 15 miles down the road without the idle jumping hard or the car shuttering. Atleast twice a day since I've gotten the vehicle back it shuts off while driving and when in park.

The only way the vehicle stays on is if the EPC cuts on & makes the RPM go higher than it should. I paid the shop $1,748 to fix these issues. Instead they returned it to me in horrible condition. This is very poor service.

I need a response on this issue as soon as possible.I did not receive what I paid for.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Midas and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Midas to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Midas and midas car repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Midas?

Comments

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #1225429

Maybe a problem with the MAS detector or throttle body.I had similar problems 2003 S-type Jag.

It was the throttle body, specifically the throttle position sensor.

Found one on line, swapped it out.All back to normal.