Having known the people at Midas Svc. Center in Tupelo, MS., for a long time, I purchased my second set of Bridgestone Insignia SE 200's in December 2010. Recently, with only 25,000 miles on the tires, the right rear suffered a tread separation. The tire had to be replaced to continue my trip and I had no way of hauling the tire as my car interior and trunk were full of demo equipment. I took a picture of the tire and contacted the dealer (Midas). Upon return home, I went to Midas & an appointment was set to replace the tire and do a brake job and alignment. Work was performed (even replace a tie-rod on left front) and two tires replaced. When I inquired about the warranty or adjustment on the tread separated tire, Scott said he wanted to see the tire - I showed him the picture and he said that without the tire there wasn't anything he could do.
Later that day, I plead to Jason to see if there was any alternative & he said they would need the DOT code from the tire. I contacted the shop in Cherokee (AL) and obtained that code from the offending tire and provided it to Scott. He called me back and reiterated that, "according to Bridgestone, without the tire there just wasn't anything they could do....".
These people might as well be calling me a liar over a tire I bought from them. I bought another to replace it from them, and have patronized their shop on multiple previous visits to obtain vehicle service.
They and Bridgestone will not have my business any longer.....
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bridgestone Insignia Tires
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "First thing if your ever end up taking your car there, make sure u take it to another place to double check their work. Took the car to replace the clutch..."
- "Before I brought my vehicle to the shop I was experiencing Idle issues , minor car shut offs when coming to a stop, & hard starting following the shut offs...."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "We went to a Belts store in tupelo,ms they had a sign saying 50 percent off of the current ticketed price but when we got to the register they told..."
- "Marlboro is a bunch of cheaters!! I've been playing the Made In Marlboro Country Promotion since it started. I get this text message then when I log onto the website..."