Having known the people at Midas Svc. Center in Tupelo, MS., for a long time, I purchased my second set of Bridgestone Insignia SE 200's in December 2010. Recently, with only 25,000 miles on the tires, the right rear suffered a tread separation. The tire had to be replaced to continue my trip and I had no way of hauling the tire as my car interior and trunk were full of demo equipment. I took a picture of the tire and contacted the dealer (Midas). Upon return home, I went to Midas & an appointment was set to replace the tire and do a brake job and alignment. Work was performed (even replace a tie-rod on left front) and two tires replaced. When I inquired about the warranty or adjustment on the tread separated tire, Scott said he wanted to see the tire - I showed him the picture and he said that without the tire there wasn't anything he could do.
Later that day, I plead to Jason to see if there was any alternative & he said they would need the DOT code from the tire. I contacted the shop in Cherokee (AL) and obtained that code from the offending tire and provided it to Scott. He called me back and reiterated that, "according to Bridgestone, without the tire there just wasn't anything they could do....".
These people might as well be calling me a liar over a tire I bought from them. I bought another to replace it from them, and have patronized their shop on multiple previous visits to obtain vehicle service.
They and Bridgestone will not have my business any longer.....
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bridgestone Insignia Tires
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Before I brought my vehicle to the shop I was experiencing Idle issues , minor car shut offs when coming to a stop, & hard starting following the shut offs...."
- "On 4/3/13 I stopped in the Midas located at 102 W 25th St, Kearney, NE 68847 to have my tires rotated and balanced while driving cross country from Chicago, IL..."
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "Marlboro is a bunch of cheaters!! I've been playing the Made In Marlboro Country Promotion since it started. I get this text message then when I log onto the website..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."