Elkridge, Maryland
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Yesterday I went to Midas and brought two of my family's vehicles I had to oil change to both running perfectly fine vehicles. After I had the oil changed I got gas and went home I woke up this morning at 6:30 and was driving to work on 95 my truck seized and I could smell motor oil burning the car stopped in a rolled over to the shoulder on 95 almost getting hit by tractor trailers.

I have a video of me pulling the dipstick out and time-stamped pictures that there was no oil in my truck they drain the old stuff and forgot to put new oil in. This is my daily driver I use each and every day I'm very upset I called AAA and had it towed to Midas after Midas said to have it towed to their shop at 10:30 in the morning I called Midas and they told me that there was oil in the vehicle the one they pulled the dipstick out so they lied they added oil to it since they realize what happened..

now I have to wait 10 days to speak to a district manager and I have no car yet I have video and time stamp pictures of there's no oil in the truck after I had it changed yesterday and only driving 9 miles meanwhile I'm without my vehicle and the motor is blown it could cost between $4000 and $5,000 to fix.. I would like Midas to pay for it

Product or Service Mentioned: Midas Oil Change.

Comments

FlagrantFish

Midas once tried to charge me 800 dollars in the middle of a snow storm when I went in with just wanting break pads. When I said I only wanted the pads they said they would leave my car on bricks out front with the parts in the front if I didn't want to pay.

When I called the main office for Midas they claimed they could do nothing so I had to pay that extortion money so I could drive home for Christmas during winter break. I have never used them since.

Don't sit around waiting for a telephone call. You must be proactive.

Put it in writing and serve upon the company via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. State that the oil was not refilled and the engine seized. Don't mention the video evidence ; you may need that later. Be brief, polite, and factual.

State that you will allow 7 business days for written reply before escalation of your claim. An unsatisfactory or zero answer will land them directly into court and you will have signed dated confirmation of their receipt of your complaint and you will have extra evidence to present to the court.

Repeat of first sentence : Don't sit around waiting for a telephone call. You are way past the telephone.

@Anonymous

Right - the longer they dodge you the sooner you reach the point where they will just blow you off. "Too late, old son, so sorry..." Devote your full attention to this and document everything. Good luck.