I took my car to Midas in Englewood, Ohio for a routine replacement of brake pads.I drive a Honda Civic with 56,000 miles on it.

I go to pick up the car the next day and the car will barely move. I pulled over at a nearby service station only to realize that the front end of my car was on fire! The vehicle was returned to Midas for them to rectify the situation and they refused. They stated that they could only replace the parts they worked on which were the pads which cost a whopping

$240.00 for pads!

They offered to fix the parts that were ruined by the fire for an additional $900.00 plus tax. They said the fire had nothing to do with their work. I had a reputable company tow the car and check it out and they found nothing wrong with the car other than the brakes which had a greasy film on them. I contacted Midas corporate and they refused to believe that their technicians were at fault and would not assist me in any way.

I will never deal with Midas again nor will I recommend it to anyone I know or come into contact with.

Had an Experience with Midas?

Comments

1. i'm a woman and know just as much about cars as any "man" out there... more than quite a few. so.... yea. foot in mouth?

2. there's a difference between being pricey and being totally rude to customers.

3. with most shops, if you walk in and say "i bought this but don't know how to install it" they will do it for you. fyi.

#1 If it wouldn't move why would you be dumb enough to keep driving it!!!!!hello!!!!

must be a woman

#2 Midas is a business, which means they are cost of doing business. duh you were a manager you don't know what you are talking about...seems pricy but what cost more a Burger King Burger or Fuddruckers hamburger? which is more BK or Fuddruckers?

Also of course you can't bring in your own parts.....Do you go to a steakhouse with your own steak and tell them to cook it?

uh no.....If you ever have a problem with a repair shop turn around now and go back do not go in there yelling and screaming that will get you no where......YOUR NOT PERFECT...people make mistakes...and so does your dumb ***!!!!

I hate to ask the obovious but if the car would barly move why did you drive away.Anyway i was a manager for midas and trust me midas does not care about their customers.

i know this first hand and they consistently overprice all there parts. If you was to go to midas with your own parts they will not even install them for you they require you to purchase their parts or the parts they order in.

Go find a shop that employs ASE certified technitions and have your brakes propperly repaired.Forgett what repairs cost best thing to do is find a mechanic you can trust to repair your car weather you like him or not