On 4/3/13 I stopped in the Midas located at 102 W 25th St, Kearney, NE 68847 to have my tires rotated and balanced while driving cross country from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA.The store was getting ready to close.
The manager went out to my car to get the miles off the car, and when removing the key from my ignition, he locked it up. He later went out to move the car into the service bay, when we learned he wasn't able to start the car. We called a locksmith, as there was no parts in town to replace it. The locksmith came out and took a look at it, and informed me IN FRONT OF THE MANAGER that he had snatched the key out, WITH FORCE while the car wasn't fully in the OFF position, resulting in bending the pins in the ignition.
I was stuck with a $65.00 bill for the locksmith and told I would need to replace the ignition, as the Midas employee damaged it. The employee who damaged the ignition admitted fault as well, and said he was very sorry. He told me to come back the next day and they would do my rotation on my tires for FREE. On 4/4/13 I returned as I had stayed the night at a local hotel.
I was charged for the service as well $60.80. On 4/24/13 I called Lexus as requested to do by Dan Nall to get the price of the repair, and was told he would pay me to have the car fixed, as well as the $60.80 I paid of the service and the $35.00 I paid for the hotel. When he found out the bill for the car repair was $737.80 he refused to pay it, and told me the age and miles on the car was the reason my ignition broke, and proceeded to tell me I'm in Los Angeles now and he is in Nebraska, and there wasn't anything I could do about it. I have threatened to contact my attorney and sue Midas and he refuses to pay me for the damages.
I have a written statement from the locksmith even stating the Midas employee was the one that damamged my car, and if Midas still refuses to make payment to me for this damage, I do have full right and intent to sue Midas to the fullest of the law.
I will seek damages for car, hotel, repair bill at Midas, attorney fees, court cost and interest if allowed by the court.This $900.00 problem will turn into a $5000 or more problem.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tire Rotation
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "It was a simple brake pad grind. $1,300 later I pick up my truck to drive home. 1/2 hour later I notice smoke billowing out from the rear end. I pull..."
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Fantastic sams is definetly not what the name makes it out to be. I went in for a spiral perm and eyebrow waxing. Which has been the biggest mistake I..."
- "I Came to CR England in April of 2010 after 12 years in EMS (Ambulance Paramedic), after getting burnt out on health care. I came there with little more than..."