I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them to replace it.He also told me the previous shop that changed my oil stripped the oil plug but he rethreaded it for me at no cost.
I declined the fix to my hose leak and paid for oil change and left. Next day had about 1 quart of oil on driveway. Spoke to the manager, Charles, on Monday in person and he said that according to receipt I declined the drain plug. I told the manager I was not offered a drain plug.
The manager said he would contact the owner and get back to me. It is Wednesday, no response from the manager so I took my car to to another shop and have confirmed that there was no trans coolant leak and that now I need a new oil pan, plug $440.
Don't trust Midas.Dishonest and obviously show no concern for their customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Oil Change
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."