I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them to replace it.He also told me the previous shop that changed my oil stripped the oil plug but he rethreaded it for me at no cost.

Related: Midas - Are you Fricking kidding me

I declined the fix to my hose leak and paid for oil change and left. Next day had about 1 quart of oil on driveway. Spoke to the manager, Charles, on Monday in person and he said that according to receipt I declined the drain plug. I told the manager I was not offered a drain plug.

The manager said he would contact the owner and get back to me. It is Wednesday, no response from the manager so I took my car to to another shop and have confirmed that there was no trans coolant leak and that now I need a new oil pan, plug $440.

Don't trust Midas.Dishonest and obviously show no concern for their customers.

Review about: Oil Change.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Midas Oil Change
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Midas?

Comments

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1270682

Translation, he stripped your pan plug because he was to high on meth and didn't know his own strength and was tightening instead of loosening anyway. He wouldn't have even changed your trans hose, they just pocket the money, Jiffy Lube is worse. He probably forgot to change the filter too.