Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Set up an appointment for a coupon special, semi- synthetic oil change and tire rotation for $21.99 for my 2015 Nissan Rogue.My daughter brought in vehicle for said appointment.

They told her that the vehicle required an all synthetic oil or 0w-20 synthetic blend and that the coupon did not apply. The price would now be $54.99. They would not perform it any other way period!! Well folks, I have spent over 33 years in the auto service industry, 25 as a Service Manager or Director for various auto manufacturers.

I am now retired, but my last stint was working for Nissan/ Infiniti. I can tell you and Midas categorically that this particular Store Manager was full of it. I verified it with Nissan USA Tech Assistance! My daughter refused Midas' conditions and left extremely upset and proceeded to call me.

I called that store and spoke with the Manager, he told me that even though the appointment was scheduled with full knowledge of the make and model of vehicle, the point of sale write up was verified through All-Data that the Full Synthetic or 0w-20 Semi Synthetic was a mandatory requirement by Nissan!!! I asked him to check the owner's manual and he said it did not matter, it was strictly based upon their company's use of "ALL DATA" as their source of reference!! Hhmm, not the actual vehicle's owner's manual provided by the actual vehicle's manufacturer!! I read the owner's manual and it states 0w-20 blend with 2 asterisks after it.

The 2 asterisks said that conventional petroleum based 5w-30 could be used without VOIDING the manufacturers factory warranty!Well Midas, please explain your position!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of disgusting business practice. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "low balling tactic used to upsell at point of sale" of midas oil change and associated monetary loss in the amount of $58. Midas needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned midas oil change in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Midas.